With a few big events behind us, like the Austin Maker Faire, a few house guests and getting our house on the market, I am ready for some solidly intentional days. I want to make sure that events, practices and obligations created are events, practices and obligations desired.
My goals for these next few weeks…
- Each day do my own work first.
- Ponder each invitation before saying yes. Be they meetings, parties, or other. Not always easy for me, especially when faced with so many exciting things!
- Schedule in spaciousness.
- Put family time on the calendar.
- Play outside more. And really just play more in general.
- Turn my phone off at random intervals.
- Schedule a couple of “spend nothing days” each week. Not even for the money but for the freedom from consuming. And the freedom from the many demands for impromptu spending.
- Write a note to my children’s teachers telling them how much I appreciate their love and devotion.
- Do one creative thing everyday.
- Eat outside more.
- Find a way to celebrate a school year completed by each and every one of my children.