1. A mission will bring you to a clear understanding of how you want family life to unfold.
2. It will serve as a reminder of who you are as a family.
3. It allows you to live your family life with a vision of why you started a family in the first place and where you want it to go.
4. It lets your children know that you are completely committed to them and to family life.
5. It tells each member and the world, “This is how and why we exist as a family. We have a unique purpose for being together.”
6. It helps all the members of the family see the family as an entity and not just as separate individuals sharing a household and each going their own way. As your children grow and start gaining independence it will be even more grounding for them and for the family as a whole if everyone has a clear vision of the family’s mission.
7. It will give everyone the confidence to step out into the world with a strong sense of who they are and where they come from. A family mission statement helps build a sustainable bond between family members that can help foster a lifelong connection.
8. It will serve as a reminder to each member of the family that you are all representatives of the family — when you are together and when you are apart.
Click here to download your own Family Mission Statement Workbook.